T&C for Participants of HOOD Conferences, Training Courses, Workshops and Event Series
Version 1.2. 19. June 2013
- These standard terms and conditions of HOOD GmbH, Keltenring 7, 82041 Oberhaching, Germany (hereafter referred to as "HOOD") apply to all services in respect of conferences, training courses, workshops, event series and similar training offers (hereafter referred to as "events") that HOOD provides for participants.
2 Registration & Contractual Arrangements
- Offers made by HOOD to participate in events are subject to change and without obligation.
- Legally binding registration for events as a participant may only be made online, in writing, by fax or email.
- Acceptance of the participant's registration by HOOD is only binding once written confirmation of the registration (Registration Confirmation) has been received from HOOD. Confirmation may also be made by fax or email.
- The decision regarding acceptance of registrations from participants is made by HOOD. There is no legal entitlement to participation.
- The participant fee is per person and event and subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. It includes participation in the respective event inclusive of food and beverages, participant documentation and, if appropriate, participation in an evening event.
- Participation in only part of any day's event does not give any entitlement to a reduction in the daily rate.
4 Travel and Accommodation
- The customer and/or participant is always responsible for travel and accommodation. Hotel costs are to be settled by the participant directly with the respective hotel venue.
5 Payment Terms
- Fees for attending events are due in full 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
- Invoice queries can only be considered if the reasons are made in writing to HOOD within 14 days of the invoice being received.
- The first reminder in respect of late payment is free of charge. An additional administration charge of 5.00 euros will be made for each subsequent reminder.
- Following receipt of the registration confirmation the participant may nominate a substitute participant in writing up to 14 days prior to the start of the event. This change is free of charge; multi-day events can only be changed for their entirety
7 Cancellation by the Participant
- Cancellations of registrations can be made in writing, by fax or by email (with confirmation) and are free of charge up to 14 days before the start of the event. The full participation fee is due in the event of a later cancellation or no-show.
8 Cancellation by HOOD
- HOOD is entitled to cancel the contract without notice where the participant defaults on payment of the participation fee and payment has not been made by the final deadline set. The right to cancel the contract without notice for other reasons remains unaffected.
- HOOD is entitled to cancel the contract up to 14 days before the start of the event if it is likely that the event cannot take place due to an insufficient number of participants. Any payments already made will be refunded to the participant. Any further claims against HOOD by the participant are excluded, in particular there is no entitlement to compensation in respect of travel and accommodation costs, as well as lost working time, unless the costs are as a result of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of HOOD.
- If an event cannot be held as a result of a force majeur (environmental disasters, fire, strikes, etc.), participants will be notified immediately. In this case the participation fee will be refunded Entitlement to compensation for travel and accommodation costs, as well as lost working time, is excluded, unless such costs arise due to gross negligence of wilful misconduct on the part of HOOD.
9 Changes to Programmes
- The content of conferences may vary from the advertised programme. HOOD is entitled to substitute advertised speakers with others and to make other necessary changes whilst maintaining the overall character of the conference.
10 Video and Sound Recordings
- HOOD is permitted to arrange photographic, graphic, film and video recordings of events and participants, and to use them for marketing purposes. The participant gives his/her consent to this as required. The same applies to filming by the press and/or TV companies done in agreement with HOOD.
- Participants themselves are not permitted to make audio, film or video recordings of an event or participants.
11 Liability and Compensation
- All events are planned and run with the utmost care. However there is no liability for a successful training outcome.
- HOOD is not liable for any loses caused by third parties (e.g.: exhibitors, participants and staff at the event location).
- HOOD accepts liability for injury to life, body or health and for losses that are due to negligence or wilful infringement in respect of a cardinal duty by HOOD or its legal representatives or vicarious agents, in accordance with statutory legal requirements. Cardinal duties are duties whose fulfilment enable an orderly execution of the contract made and the adherence to which the customer is entitled to routinely expect.
- HOOD accepts liability for losses that do not fall under Clause 3 when they are due to gross negligence on the part of HOOD or due to a wilful or gross negligent act of a representative or vicarious agent of HOOD. Liability is however restricted to typical foreseeable losses.
12 Copyright and Trademark Rights
- HOOD grants the participant non-exclusive and non-transferable right of use in respect of all documentation handed out in hard or soft copy for the purpose of training. All rights, including reproduction and copying part or all of the event documentation, as well as making it available to the public, remain with HOOD.
- No part of the event documentation or the copyright- and trademark-protected software used may be reproduced, edited, copied, distributed, broadcast or made available to the public in any form - even for training purposes - without the written permission of HOOD. This particularly applies to the use of electronic systems. Software, in particular, may not be removed from the training room.
13 Data Protection
- Registration details provided to HOOD for processing the contract are digitally stored.
- HOOD will treat details provided by the participant confidentially and only use them in accordance with data protection regulations. Personal details are all details stored in relation to the name of the participant.
- Inventory information provided by the participant (first name, name, delivery and invoice address, email address; and depending on the payment method, bank details, credit card number and expiry date) will be stored by HOOD in its customer database and used for providing the service and for invoicing and - if necessary - passed on to any appointed service providers.
- Unless otherwise indicated by the participant, HOOD will notify the participant about future products and events of the organiser by post, email or telephone.
14 House Rules
- The house rules at the event location are to be observed.
- Changes and amendments to this contract including additional agreements are only valid when made in writing.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
The sole place of jurisdiction for any disputes resulting from or in connection with the contract for which these standard terms and conditions are valid is Munich.